Thursday, January 30, 2014

A good day

After yesterday's rage, I was ready to lay back and watch "My Kitchen Rules" on TV having forgotten that it doesn't air on Thursday night. This was just about the straw that broke the camels back and I was feeling really down. Earlier in the day Antony had brought up clean washing and had packed one of his t-shirts - I often wear his clothes around at home and he thought I might like to do the same here. So I was sitting in bed wearing his t-shirt crying when the midwife came in to do my usual observations and of course enquired why I was upset, which triggered a fresh round of tears. She was lovely and sat and listened for a good 20 minutes while I cried about missing my family and being tired and all the other little complaints that have been festering in the background. After she left I continued to cry for awhile before I eventually got over it, made a hot milo and went to bed.


This morning I woke feeling much brighter and looking forward to a visit from Antony and Charlotte. We wandered down to the coffee shop, I ate a cheese scone drowned in butter and had a coffee, out of a cup that wasn't cardboard or plastic and it was amazing. I then beat my husband by over 80 points at Scrabble and got oodles of cuddles and kisses from Charlotte. Aside from my sexy anti compression stockings and my red hospital ID band, I almost feel like a normal person today and it feels great.


So nothing particularly exciting to report, just that I'm having a good day and felt like sharing :)

2 comments:

  1. Hope all is still well with you!!
    I’m nominating you for a Liebster award. Here is the link with your nomination: http://theoneinamillionbaby.wordpress.com/2014/02/05/the-liebster-award-am-i-a-real-blogger-now/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it but don't know how to accept... how are you getting along hun? I will have to read up on your blog tonight and see what's going on with you and your little bundle :)

    ReplyDelete